There are a number of Facebook page image sizes, here is a quick guide for all the sizes you need to make your Facebook page look great.
Keep in mind, it is best not to stretch of distort your images, so this means you may need to crop or otherwise modify them. Ideally you will have Adobe photoshop to help you out, but there are a number of free image programs that can do a good job of it.
Facebook page image sizes – Free Photo Editing Software
Facebook page image sizes – Image size quick reference
- Facebook Cover Photo: 851 x 315
- Profile Picture Size: 160 x 160 (or up to 180 x 180 to upload)
- Custom Tab Image Size: 111 x 74
- Facebook Page Post Images: 960 x 960 (or up to 2048 x 2048 to upload)
- Link previews: 90 x 90
- Ad image size: 100 x 72
- Sponsored Story Images: 194 x 139
- Milestone or Highlighted Post: 843 x 403
- Full Image on a Custom Tab: 810 x 1200
Be careful to not permanently modify an image you love, by making a copy before you edit, and keep these Facebook page image sizes at hand for future reference.
Most importantly, have fun. Facebook is a fun way to not only present yourself but to also share your images with friends. Try cleaning up those red eyes before you post and get the color right, and you will look awesome!